A Digital Intervention: Preparing to Take the 1:1 Leap
This event takes place on Thursday, March 26, 2015, 2 to 3 p.m. ET.
Digital devices are ubiquitous in our lives, and much is being asserted about the need for our students to be future-ready. However, despite being the digital generation, too many students are not digitally engaged in their classrooms. School districts know that vast investments are needed in digital infrastructure, hardware, software, training, and manpower to keep everything running.
While there are success stories, there are too many stories of technology investment failures, which leaves districts reluctant to take the revolutionary steps needed to digitize student learning.
Join in a discussion of issues including:
- Teacher involvement in district technology trials
- Bridging the classroom and home via Microsoft Office 365
- A teacher’s digital experiment to increase student engagement
- Transforming student engagement with text via Microsoft OneNote
- Considerations to take when deliberating how to execute a 1:1 initiative
Tim Girard, M.Ed., classroom teacher, Augusta Raa Middle School, Tallahassee, Fla.
Carlos Fernandez, mobility specialist, Microsoft Education
Be sure to join Tim and Carlos as they discuss ways in which we can use digital technologies successfully and engagingly!