Friends in civics and social studies, this came across my desk and looks to be a potentially wonderful opportunity to contribute to the development of a new resource! Take a look at the details below. It’s only two hours of your time and includes compensation!
WNET and CUNY’s American Social History Project are creating a new Mission US game (Mission US [mission-us.org]) to help middle and high school teachers and students learn about the Civil Rights movement.
We’re hoping that at Teaching with Primary Sources Midwest Region you may know committed teachers in grades 7-10— particularly people of color and people in different parts of the country — who might be willing to share their ideas and experiences in teaching this history, in order to inform the development of the game and curriculum, in return for a small honorarium.
- Read a treatment document describing the proposed game ahead of time (30 min)
- Join a 90-minute video call with 5-6 colleagues and an educational researcher from EDC and:
- Share their goals, challenges and successes in teaching students about Civil Rights
- React and respond to the proposed game design
- Receive a $100 gift card as a thank you
Interested? Let us know when you’re available by answering this survey: https://go.edc.org/Mission7TeacherPanel
If you have any questions, please email me, Jamie Kynn at email@example.com.